VMware Workspace ONE Community
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgraded to SEG V2 and lost connectivity between AirWatch and SEG

I recently upgraded to AirWatch 9.0.3 and at the same time I also upgraded to the latest SEG V2.  After making the configuration changes in the console I downloaded the SEG installer and installed it on the SEG server.  I performed a test connection and it was unsuccessful.  The ' Connectivity between AirWatch & SEG'  was lost.  I tried several things but they were all unsuccessful.  My only other option that I could see was to install the Classic version of the SEG.  After configuring that and installing the classic version on the SEG all email functions were restored.  My understanding is that this was supposed to be an easy migration.  So far, it has been far from easy.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so, can you please let me know what was done to resolve the issue?  Thank you
Labels (1)
65 Replies
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Bryan. Hope all is well. I think I'm done with Blackerry UEM for now, and I'm eager to return to VMware AirWatch...I mean Workspace ONE. 🙂
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Welcome back!  Are you going to VMworld this year?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately no. 😞 I know one of the bloggers Jon T. will be presenting. Hopefully I can catch up with recorded webcast during or after.
0 Kudos
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Tom, see the LinkedIn post about his presentation if your interested in seeing it but can't be there (you'll understand why).
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Totally Michael. Anyone asked you about iOS profile lately? 🙂
0 Kudos
GeraldHubbard
Contributor
Contributor

To solve the connection test issue between the console and the SEGv2 server, make sure the WorldWideWeb Publishing Service is disabled and off on the SEG server.  That immediately solved my test connection issues.
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good point Gerald.  I forgot to mention that and that it also no longer uses IIS.  It is all Java now.
0 Kudos
MassimoFalcetti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have the same problem, the connectivy beetwen AW and SEG fails, in the field ' External URL and Port'  which URL I must insert? I have installed SEG V2 from a new Server, not upgrade.
0 Kudos
fmkkstg
Contributor
Contributor

I also ran into an issue after updating to V2, even after removing SEG Classic completely and disabling the WWW Publishing Service before running the V2 installer.
The installation itself works fine, but on the Admin page for SEG V2 under ' Health'  it says it can't get a connection to the mailserver.
I've double checked, in the config for V2 I use exactly the same URL for the mail server like in the config for SEG Classic, and there it works fine.
Apart from that everything shows green checkmarks on the Health page, API connectivity etc are fine.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How many of you are running SEG V2 successfully besides Bryan?
I also use KCD with SEG so unless something has changed, it's still not supported under V2. Correct?
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe this will help - I was at VMWorld a couple of weeks ago and asked if KCD was supported with SEG V2 and below is what I was told...

1. KCD is supported with SEG V2. I did notice our SEG V2 9.6 documentation does not accurately reflect this and our documentation team is addressing. To note, if there is trust between domains then you can use 1 SEG config. If there is not trust then you must use 1 SEG configuration per domain.
0 Kudos
MichaelHathaway
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running it successfully in my Dev and QA environments for the last couple months but I'm very hesistant to pull the trigger in Prod.  The main reason is we have seen the same error messages that Florian reported and had to remove all traces of the classic SEG configs in order to run the SEG v2 installers.  Disabling WWW Publishing and IIS did not do the trick for us.  In addition, I'm not sure how reliable SEG clustering is with v2.  Unfortunately we cannot generate enough traffic in Dev and QA for a true test.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I think we all have until end of the year to switch as the classic SEG installer will be removed on 12/24/18. Support for classic SEG will be on 05/09/19.
0 Kudos
avishaig
Contributor
Contributor

We are running SEG V2 v 2.5  with Certificate/KCD configuration in our production environment for about 3 months. Works better than the classic SEG in our experience.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, Avishai. Did you un-install classic SEG before installing SEG v2?
And what's your experience like setting up SEG with Certificate/KCD?
0 Kudos
avishaig
Contributor
Contributor

We did not uninstall the classic SEG (just disabled the services) so that we can revert easily to the classic if we had issues.
We had all the certificate/KCD external settings ready from the classic SEG. Configuring these settings in SEG2 v2.5 are fairly straightforward, no need to tweak the configuration files for it to work.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Avishai. I spoke with support and he insisted that it's best to un-install classic SEG prior to installing SEG V2.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

They probably want you to uninstall as to avoid an inadvertent port conflict if IIS is started again etc.
0 Kudos
casperha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas, I get the issue that I setup SEG by using Office 365 (Proxy, SEGv2) but test connectivity shows that
no connectivity between Airwatch and SEG
Do you have any clues
0 Kudos
IlyaBrykalov
Contributor
Contributor

We have test environment with SEG v2 and test on console is successful
Test Connection result from AW to SEG
Hostname found
SEG SSL certificate trusted
Connectivity from AirWatch to SEG
Test Connection result from SEG to API