VMware Workspace ONE Community
cpatterson84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Photo Gallery on Android for Work

I recently deployed Android for Work for a pilot test group. One user brought to my attention that there is no ' Gallery'  to view photos. We did find that you can go into the shielded files icon and find the picture, but this is not ideal for the end user. Is there an app that is available to view photos without any syncing process involved? Google photos allows users to sync photos and we don't want that allowed. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SandyFisher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

this might be helpful for you: https://support.workspaceone.com/posts/360019514334 + there are several discussions in in the knowledge base around this topic.
0 Kudos
NathanOGorman
Contributor
Contributor

Cameron did you manage to get fix for this? I'm having the same issue, looking for a resolution.
0 Kudos
Littlecube
Contributor
Contributor

Also if you whitelist the app you can have it not be disabled by airwatch and it should appear
0 Kudos
NathanOGorman
Contributor
Contributor

I've managed to get something back from support.
Our devices are using the Android One Scheme, using native Android. These should be using Google photos as the default ' gallery'  app.
I've published this to our devices and this appears to work, no way of pushing app configuration down seemingly.
0 Kudos