VMware Workspace ONE Community
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgraded to SEG V2 and lost connectivity between AirWatch and SEG

I recently upgraded to AirWatch 9.0.3 and at the same time I also upgraded to the latest SEG V2.  After making the configuration changes in the console I downloaded the SEG installer and installed it on the SEG server.  I performed a test connection and it was unsuccessful.  The ' Connectivity between AirWatch & SEG'  was lost.  I tried several things but they were all unsuccessful.  My only other option that I could see was to install the Classic version of the SEG.  After configuring that and installing the classic version on the SEG all email functions were restored.  My understanding is that this was supposed to be an easy migration.  So far, it has been far from easy.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so, can you please let me know what was done to resolve the issue?  Thank you
Labels (1)
65 Replies
MikeHoganMikeHo
Contributor
Contributor

Just had this problem with an upgrade and a new installation of V2 and it was caused by the Windows Firewall.  On the V1 SEG, IIS is allowed through the firewall as its part of the System, but the new Java V2 SEG is not.  Add a rule to allow all incoming port 443 traffic and everything starts working!!
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Good tip there Mike, although not many places rely on Windows Firewall and instead focus on 3rd party firewalls such as Cisco and Palo Alto.
0 Kudos
Ibbers
Contributor
Contributor

Great idea Luke, pity it seems quiet?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Slack can be useful. There are quite a few people ready to talk if you ask. Otherwise it’s kinda quiet. But the people there are very knowledgeable.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I tend to be more active here when things a bit quiet in the office.
0 Kudos