VMware Communities
rgaelzer
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to start VMPlayer 2.0

I successfully installed the package VMware-player-2.0.0-45731.x86_64.rpm on my dual core pc running Fedora Core 5.

I successfully configured with vmware-config.pl.

However, when I try to run the player I get the message:

/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:52: error: unexpected identifier `scrollbar_color', expected character `}'

Attempt to remove filter function 0x3ec2604160 user data 0x7b1900, but no such filter has been added

4955: assertion failed "!_dbus_transport_get_is_connected (connection->transport)" file "dbus-connection.c" line 1797 function dbusconnection_last_unref

Any hints? Should I patch my installation, since fedora is not an officially supported distribution?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
frases
Contributor
Contributor

rgaelzer,

Did you ever solve this problem? I am getting something similar on FC6:

assertion failed "!_dbus_transport_get_is_connected (connection->transport)" file "dbus-connection.c" line 1797 function dbusconnection_last_unref

In my case, I search for dbus-connection.c and it is not on my system. But the header file is there.

I don't get any errors on the install, just this warning:

WARNING: could not find /tmp/vmware-config0/vmnet-only/.smac_linux.x386.o.cmd for /tmp/vmware-config0/vmnet-only/smac_linux.x386.o

frases

0 Kudos
frases
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I just realized I booted from my FC4, custom kernel. Once I booted from my standard FC6, the install went fine. So, perhaps FC4s with custom kernels aren't the best choice if you want to run VMware Player!

Smiley Wink

thanks anyway,

frases

http://cacasodo.blogspot.com

0 Kudos
filippo23
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same Problem with my Fedora Core 5

FC5 x86-64 (kernel 2.6.20-1.2320.fc5) and

VMware player 2.0

even

VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_GTK=yes vmplayer

did not work at all.

anyone with suggestions or possible hints?

thanks,

mirko

0 Kudos