VMware Horizon Community
JorgeBuitrago
Contributor
Contributor

Thinapp Licensing

How do I know when a thinapped package will expire?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To my knowledge is there no easy way of doing that. There is a switch you can add to your package.exe (-ThinstallVersion) that will tell you what runtime version the package is using but not the expiration date..

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

If the package is using any vbscript, the only possibility is to check the expiration date in the script:

http://pubs.vmware.com/thinapp4/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=scripts_timeout_example....

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lakshman,

Not sure I followed that, what do you mean by check the package.ini? Check what? There is no date mentioned in that file AFAIK. OP wants to see when will the license expire. (Do you mean dump the date of license expiry in package.ini and check that later. I wonder how he will get it at first place.)

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you talking about checking when a trial license expires or are you talking about checking a purchased license? If you have purchased a real license is there no need.. It will never expire.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Sorry, i meant to say looking at any vbscript used for expiration date. Apologies for the earlier post, I have updated the same now.

0 Kudos