VMware Horizon Community
Dobbelina201110
Contributor
Contributor

Can't build Firefox with new 4.6.2 467908 version

Hi!

When using the latest version 4.6.2 467908 to build the Firefox browser i get the following error:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/images/Security_component_alert.png

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Could_not_initialize_the_browser_security_component

When reverting to 4.6.1 361923 the error does not occur, with the same captured folder.

Capture platform: Win7 32 bit

Program: Firefox v6.02 or 6.0 Swedish language

Odd thing is, it does not occur when running from the thinapp bin folder or Documents, but when

moving it to another drive, the error occurs.

I have tried 2 different builds, same thing happens, why and what's the remedy ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi..

Sounds like we would have to get a SR filed on this one so we can investigate it more indepth.. Could you please file a support ticket and tell them to notify Peter Bjork when created?

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried capturing it with  4.6.2? Does that make any difference.

>>Odd thing is, it does not occur when running from the thinapp bin folder or Documents, but when

moving it to another drive, the error occurs.

Very odd indeed; let me reconfirm; so if you move the folder anywhere but in the same drive; the error does not appear; though if you changethe drive of thinApped FireFox (by copying or moving) than it gives that error? right?

Though if you build it with 4.6.1 and than move it to other drive than it works? right?

Kindly try enabling CMD from package.ini and than move to the Profie folder(try it when the ThinApped Firefox is on same drive and than from a different drive )? post your result; we may be able to give you some workaround (or atleast this will clarify the issue in detail)

0 Kudos
Dobbelina201110
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried capturing it with  4.6.2? Does that make any difference.

Yes, i've captured it with 4.6.2 , but that makes no difference, still errors out.

After further testing i found that the problem only occurs when running the thinApped FireFox

in the root of another drive.

(Haven't tested root of C: yet though)
If i create a folder in the root, and move the thinApped FireFox to it, it executes fine ?

(Sandbox location is in same folder as thinApped FireFox.exe)

If built with previous version, running from root of another drive = no error

To double check, i ran the thinApped FireFox on a different physical machine with Win 7 64 bit guest.

Error occur there as well.

If this error happen on a physical machine, usually it's related to a corrupt or faulty

read only attribute on the cert8.db file.

Inside the sandbox/profile folder of the failing instance, the cert8.db file gets created,

however it's 0 kb file size.

On a working instance it's 64 kb file size.

Obvious workaround is offcourse not to run it from root.

Peculiar behaviour, but not fatal :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the isolation mode of the profile folder(where cert.db exist; try setting it to merged if its something else)? Does it help?

0 Kudos
MarioHidalgo
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue with the same ThinApp version, same error when I run Firefox. The difference is that regardless where the package is located, it does not run on my View floating desktop pool. It runs on any other virtual machine under the same username though.  Apparently the ThinApp package is not able to create the Firefox default profile.

0 Kudos