VMware Cloud Community
Strug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Host Profiles applying unwanted configuration

Hi,

I'm currently testing using Host Profiles to apply some specific settings to my hosts. I'm starting simple - all I want from the first attempt is to apply Core Dump settings.

I have:

• configured my reference host with the core dump settings
  • created a Host Profile from my reference host
  • Used the Enable/Disable Profile Configuration option to apply "Network Coredump Settings" only
  • Attached my target host and checked for compliance - this has successfully identified the CoreDump Settings as the only compliance failure.

I apply the host profile to my target host, the GUI advised that as well as applying the CoreDump settings it will remove the entire network configuration from the target host (all vSwitches and Port Groups).

So - where am I going wrong? As I understand the profile should only apply CoreDump settings. I'm not clear why it's removing all the network configuration too.

I'd be grateful for any pointers anyone can offer...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Kindly go through the link... Might give you the idea on the issue you are facing.

VMware KB: Network coredump in host profile breaks networking configuration

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Kindly go through the link... Might give you the idea on the issue you are facing.

VMware KB: Network coredump in host profile breaks networking configuration

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
Strug
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Umesh,

Thank you - that certainly looks like the issue.

Chris.

0 Kudos