VMware Cloud Community
Process153
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

5.5 SSO to 6.5 SSO

Hello,

Just reading this Product Walkthroughs and it looks like I may need to create a new SSO domain for 6.5.  Is that the case?  This slide shows only the option to create a new SSO or join an existing VSphere 6.0 SSO.  I though I could simply migrate the current function.

Thanks for any replies

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Just to confirm, are you looking to do an upgrade of vSphere 5.5 to 6.5 as well as a migration to the vCenter Server Appliance?

If the above is correct, then you need to use the 'migrate' option in the 6.5 installer, rather than the 'install' option. The migrate option will walk through and automate the migration of a windows vCenter 5.5 installation to 6.5.

There are a number of things you would want to check and confirm prior to doing this, such as environment topology as well as reading about the migration process itself.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Just to confirm, are you looking to do an upgrade of vSphere 5.5 to 6.5 as well as a migration to the vCenter Server Appliance?

If the above is correct, then you need to use the 'migrate' option in the 6.5 installer, rather than the 'install' option. The migrate option will walk through and automate the migration of a windows vCenter 5.5 installation to 6.5.

There are a number of things you would want to check and confirm prior to doing this, such as environment topology as well as reading about the migration process itself.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
Process153
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ahh! Of course!  Wasn't thinking!  Thanks for that

0 Kudos