VMware Cloud Community
CraigH1
Contributor
Contributor

Plug-ins and upgrading from vCentre 5.5 Windows to VCSA 6.5

Hello. We have the HP recovery manager plugin installed on our Windows vCenter 5.5 server. We are wanting to migrate to the VCSA 6.5, but we don't want the HP recovery manager plug-in to come across.

Does anyone know if the VCSA migration tool brings across plug-ins? If so, how do we get rid of the HP plug-in.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi ,

Plugins will install on the machines where we access the vCenter  locally  .

if you have installed the plugin package on the windows vcenter server ,in that case also it won't migrate to VCSA since it is in different platform .And only DB and other related information only migrated to new VCSA . DB will have information about the HPRM sinc eit is registered over there so better you remove it .

If you don't want to see the plugin availability on VC  then you  have to remove the vcenter from HP recovery manager console .

1- uninstall the plugin from windows server

2 remove vcenter from HPRM tool

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
CraigH1
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks. I'm not sure how to uninstall the HP recovery manager plugin from vcenter. So HPRM is on a different server to the vCenter Server. The HPRM server has nothing that I could see to remove/unregister the plugin from vCenter. The vCenter server has nothing in Control panel add/remove programs. There is an HP 3par application in "Solutions and Applications" in the vCenter application. It lists our 3par arrays and if I click on one I get a login screen. Is this where I need to go to remove HPRM plug-in? We want to remove it because the Recover Manager product broke and was very problematic so we are going to use something else.

0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Only thing you have to verify open HPRM console and check under vmware infra / vmware  your vcenter is listed if listed remove from that .

If your HPRM is crashed you cannot do anything  untill it is back to normal .

But you can you can migrate to new vcenter without any issue .

Note - After migration check  plugin option in vcenter  as HPRM listing or not if it is available don't enable that  , leave it as it is .

Until you enable any plugin on VC it won't list there , also you can disable any plugin from there . check below image

.update.JPG

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos
CraigH1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Found the option to remove the VMware plugin. Not in installed programs and features but it was in the start menu on the recovery manager VM. All upgraded now and the HP stuff gone!

0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Good to Hear That  ... Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos