VMware Communities
DaveWG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Keyboard repeating last typed characterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Firstly, I apologize for the title of this discussion, but this is my exact problem.

In VMware Player, a test Windows VM, when I type anything into a windows explorer search bar or notepad file (or anywhere else, for that matter) the last character typed is repeated infinitely. When I type 'test' the word 'testtttttttttttttt...' is typed.

I have tried different VMs, completely removing and reinstalling VMware Player and Tools, updating the BIOS on my machine and disabling legacy USB support, updating my keyboard driver and using different keyboards, editing the keyboard.typematicMinDelay value in the .vmx file (article ID 196) and still not luck.

Note: this does NOT happen if the on-screen keyboard in windows within the VM is used.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and I'll do my best to answer any questions ASAP

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveWG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This problem no longer exists on my machine, since updating to VMware Player 7.1.2 build-2780323 and using the 'Intel VT' virtualization setting when creating VMs as opposed to 'automatic'. Both on Windows and Ubuntu OS's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sellersdo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've intermittently seen the same behavior in my VMs ... although I do not currently observe it.

0 Kudos
DaveWG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This problem no longer exists on my machine, since updating to VMware Player 7.1.2 build-2780323 and using the 'Intel VT' virtualization setting when creating VMs as opposed to 'automatic'. Both on Windows and Ubuntu OS's.

0 Kudos