VMware Communities
tjc41
Contributor
Contributor

network disconnected

After installing Fusion 1.1 (over 1.0) I rec the following message: "The Following install step failed: Run postflight script for VMWare Fusion." However, I can still open Fusion, but then get a window stating: "Could not open /dev/vmnet8: No such file or directory. Virtual device Ethernet0 will start disconnected. I then, of course, have no network connection."

Thank you, tjc41@mac.com

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Attach (preferably don't cut-n-paste) /var/log/install.log ?

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried uninstalling Fusion, reboot your system and reinstall Fusion? Also make sure that when you install there is only one VMware Fusion icon on your Desktop that represents the mounted VMware-Fusion-1.1.0-62573.dmg file.

tjc41
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but I reverted to a snapshot taken Jan 1. I then had my network/internet, plus I still have 1.1!

0 Kudos
tjc41
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks WoodyZ,

I was ready to give you suggestion a try, but decided to "revert to snapshot" taken on Jan 1. For some reason, I got my network/internet back, but also still had my upgrade to Fusion 1.1 intact!

tjc41

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

That's strange, reverting to a snapshot shouldn't have fixed the problem. Oh well, if it works...

0 Kudos
tjc41
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that doesn't last long. Each time I revert to snapshot the network connection works for a few minutes; then it reverts to "limited or no connectivity". Where do I find the install log to send you?

0 Kudos