VMware Communities
tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Personal use license for Fusion 13 player

I am caught in a loop trying to install the release of Fusion 13 on my M1 Mac mini. I have a personal use license that I got for the tech preview that does not work. 

I have selected "Get a Free License Key" on the license dialog. It opens a new BLANK page in Safari, or Chrome. Making it difficult to obtain a license.

Suggestions please,

LeRoy 

Tags (1)
86 Replies
gashead76
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, still not working. I have tried every browser I can think of, 5 different devices (including a Raspberry Pi)... all of this with and without content blockers, pi-hole on, pi-hole off, 4 different DNS providers, different times of day and night, logged in and not logged in, and several other miscellaneous tinfoil-on-the-rabbit-ears type troubleshooting "solutions". Only thing I didn't try was creating a new account, because I couldn't do that; I get the exact same issue when I attempt to do it.

I realize VMWARE are probably not in a hurry to "give away" their software, but what's it been, 4 days now? why not just publish a one-size-fits-all registration code for all private consumer use?

Anyone have any luck emailing support and getting a key generated that way? 

0 Kudos
smillsom1
Contributor
Contributor

Just adding myself to the long list of VMware Fusion player users who can't register a Personal Use licence for v13.

0 Kudos
Max_M
Contributor
Contributor

Same here: can´t register on win10, win11 with edge and chrome no matter if any blockers are on or not :(.

0 Kudos
glycogeek94
Contributor
Contributor

Fortunately the website does load now, but gives an error and not accepting any pincode while trying to register 

0 Kudos
ThiloT
Contributor
Contributor

Seems someone is working on the website: I was able to fill out the request form and submit it. Strangely I had to fill out company data, which I don´t quite understand since it´s a personal use license and the button to receive the key writes something like "Start trial" or "Get trial".

But then I was presented an error:

ThiloT_1-1669029070216.png

I tried to update the page a couple of times and once(!) I was presented a key. Unfortunately I´m at work and can check, if the key is accepted, only later tonight.

I´ll keep you informed, if it works. Just hoping it doesn´t quit working since it might be a trial key...

0 Kudos
Teodorico
Contributor
Contributor

Now it seems to be working. After a couple of page refreshes I got the license number.

0 Kudos
glycogeek94
Contributor
Contributor

I am greeted with this when trying to register 

TomsCat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Doesn't work for me. I get the registration form for free trial only. On the 1st line one can see that this is a trial license only.

TomsCat_0-1669033088457.png

And when I get to the registration form I get this at the bottom of the page. It definitely says that it is a trial.

TomsCat_1-1669033146407.png

0 Kudos
nimdasx
Contributor
Contributor

its working now

thanks

0 Kudos
Visitors
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same thing. I tried different combinations but it never accepts.

0 Kudos
TomsCat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@nimdasx What did you do to make it work?

To those who made it work: What did you do? Please share your experience!

0 Kudos
Visitors
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't pass through this. I am sick of this process and used a fake serial. When they fix this issue I will add an official serial key to my app.

0 Kudos
ThiloT
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked my key and it is indeed for the personal use. So it somehow worked out for me.

Keep my fingers crossed for the rest, that the site behavior will still be improved.

Btw: I´m located in Germany and entered German Zip Codes and a German Address. So being outside the US shouldn´t be a problem.

sahindirek
Contributor
Contributor

It accepts German addresses as valid. For example: Berlin Humboldt University address.

Key can be obtained after address verification.

sahindirek_0-1669051252954.png

0 Kudos
TomsCat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@ThiloT Did you run thru the registration process for business user and get the key via this procedure?

People here just complain and don't give essential information. So sorry.

0 Kudos
Visitors
Contributor
Contributor

No, no I used a serial key from Google. I sent an email to VMware customer support for this issue. Waiting for their response.

0 Kudos
TomsCat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, I finally got it. I mentioned that I got the registration form for Evaluation or Trial version only. I now went thru this process, entered some data for company and employee stuff and finally clicked on the START FREE TRIAL button. And guess what? I got a personal license key after this.

TomsCat_0-1669052937974.png

Just go thru that misleading company registration and you'll get your personal license.

0 Kudos
BillMoller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can confirm, it is working now.

Previously, after you clicked "Register" (or similar) when you'd see nothing but a mostly empty white web page, there now appears (for me) a form with captcha to "Start Free Trial" (button).

BillMoller_1-1669053635240.png

[...form fields and data...]

BillMoller_2-1669053656362.png

I clicked the "Start Free Trial" and it issued a Fusion 13 Personal key.

I took no different steps than I had attempted previously.

Thank you, VMWare!

0 Kudos
RianGray
Contributor
Contributor

The registration page is open, though it seems to be commercial registration form. I believe fusion 12 license had a similar registration process. I ended up simply saying 'personal' for organizations and others or n\a for dept. and titles.

I'm hoping VMware to look into the address forms though, because it's not taking South Korean address. I'm currently in South Korea, and its new postal code is also 5 digits, much like American ones. When I've entered my current residential address, the form rejects it saying the address and the postal code don't match. I don't know if the form is expecting an older postal code (which was two three digits long code like xxx-yyy I believe) or simply mistakenly assuming it's an American postal code. I ended up just using my family address in the US for the time being.

0 Kudos
agarza647
Contributor
Contributor

I can also confirm that the site is working and I did receive my v13 license key. It looks like it is just that the network is bottlenecked due to everyone trying to get a license key for the personal edition.

A little patience and you will get your key... eventually.

0 Kudos