VMware Communities
tallLeRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Personal use license for Fusion 13 player

I am caught in a loop trying to install the release of Fusion 13 on my M1 Mac mini. I have a personal use license that I got for the tech preview that does not work. 

I have selected "Get a Free License Key" on the license dialog. It opens a new BLANK page in Safari, or Chrome. Making it difficult to obtain a license.

Suggestions please,

LeRoy 

Tags (1)
86 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Did you try this link:

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal-13

(note the -13 a the end of the URL The Sales FAQ tech note has a URL but does not have the -13 at the end).

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
RianGray
Contributor
Contributor

I think the link after that, the customer connect portal, is the part where most of us are having issues. The link itself works fine, and the register button shows up fine as well. But once I'm redirected to VMware Customer Connect page, there's a blank page with only a navigation bar. Console gives the same error code as posted previously, with status 500 error code.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

The site seems to be having issues. I've just seen where trying to display my registered Fusion 13 personal use license will result in some of the fields returning an error message. Refreshing the page seems to make it display properly in some cases.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
ThiloT
Contributor
Contributor

Same here: after clicking on "Register here" or "Register" (at the bottom of the page), a blank page appears. The link says "...loggedin=true" but the top banner of the page displays a "Register" and "Log in" Button.

I tried it on a windows 10 machine with edge and chrome and on a MacBook with Safari and Chrome. Always with the same result :(.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

If you refresh that. blank page, what happens?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
IWantToLikeIT
Contributor
Contributor

Bad optics!

+100

0 Kudos
rob_h2
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, tried various devices & browsers to no avail, just getting a blank page when I try to register for my Personal Use license key. Assume they're overwhelmed with requests at the moment so shall wait a couple of days for things to settle down. 

0 Kudos
ThiloT
Contributor
Contributor

@Technogeezer : unfortunately nothing 😞

0 Kudos
phased_confused
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here on Mac and Edge on Win10. My first post here...trying to get something for free! But I did pay for Fusion 10 and 11 I think. I'm glad they changed the model so the player is free for home users with 12 and 13 (as the fee every MacOS update is a bit steep if you just want to run VMs). If only we can get hold of it!

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Grrr.... If you click on the "login" link at the top of the page, what happens?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
bobski5
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I have the same problem.  I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge (in both Mac & Win) - just brings up a blank page. Tried Private Window, turned off ad blockers and pop-up blocker.  Nada.  

0 Kudos
ThiloT
Contributor
Contributor

@Technogeezer : I get to the Customer Connect dashboard (https://customerconnect.vmware.com/dashboard).

0 Kudos
ThiloT
Contributor
Contributor

And here the link seems to mislead:

ThiloT_0-1668891413284.png

If you click "Fusion 13 Player for MacOS 12+" you´re directed to the Fusion 12 registration page:

ThiloT_0-1668891954533.png

0 Kudos
BBrandy95
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I get the same blank page when I click the register link.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Yes indeed it looks like that link is broken.

@Mikero can you have someone look into this - it looks like the web links recommended to get the Fusion 13 Personal Use license are severely broken and a lot of users are having issues.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
ikir
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I'm sure they will fix the issue. It is a free license for player a great gift, I will buy Pro version when I will need it for work. 

0 Kudos
Teodorico
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me. Spent two hours trying to get a license. How can a website work so badly.

Kottu
Contributor
Contributor

As I mentioned earlier, it is possible to register but, later it says that you are not registered for this product. Then it ask you to register again but that page leads nowhere.

0 Kudos
Kottu
Contributor
Contributor

Why it should be so difficult to download a file? Why to make all these complications? Once you register, just send a link via mail to download it. I spent few hours just trying. Now I have installed UTM. It is free but getting windows is another story. I guess it is the same for VMFP. So I installed macOs so that I don't need two notebooks just to run a program couple of times per month. 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

It shouldn't be. However this is day 2 of the release. Have a little patience. 

Blame Microsoft for the difficulties in getting Windows 11 ARM. Parallels has hacked around Microsoft's issues but personally I really don't like canned Windows installations that I have no idea how they were build and what's in them. 

I'm in the process of building an unofficial companion document specifically for Fusion on Apple Silicon users. It contains a lot of tips and techniques that were developed in the Tech Preview but are still valid for the official Fusion 13 release. Expect it some time next week.

- Paul (Technogeezer)