VMware Cloud Community
sony1001
Contributor
Contributor

How to find out the SMB license in VMWARESoftware.lic

Hi All,

I am having the VMWARESoftware.lic file with me. My question is The file itself how can i see the It's a SMP or Uniprocessor license? anybody knows the anwers please provide me the information.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
patrickds
Expert
Expert

What do you mean exactly?

ESX licenses always come with a minimum of 2 CPUs, so there is no such thing as a uniprocessor license.

sony1001
Contributor
Contributor

Rencently my organization has purchased the VMWARE License. I just found the link to validate the licenses file and i got result that vmware infrastructure enterprise for 2 processors.. just i would like to know is there any way to find inside the file the same information. coz, the license key format comes in xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx fomat. but in lincense file there it's different argruments are there. for example if you see the file

VMware HA = , VMware DRS = , VMware Vmotion= we can find out it's standard or enterprise.. like that any option out there in the file ? i got an answer bit confussed in this part....

0 Kudos
sony1001
Contributor
Contributor

Adding more info. Just i would like to know which version support the license file ?

0 Kudos