VMware Support Community
randy16randy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not able to add new vCenter Appliance to Skyline - login permission denied on vmwareservice account

I deployed vCenter appliance 6 and wanted to add to skyline.   When I try to add I receive an error message:

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Couldn't login the client. -> Unexpected exception when logging. -> Permission to perform this operation was denied.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
randy16randy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Follow-up...   After reading the error message I realized i had not added the vmwareservice account to the permissions of the new vCenter appliance.   After doing so, I was able to add to Skyline without issue.  Duh!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Randy,

I would request you to use Custom SSO and please check my separate email sent to you with the registration steps, procedures including a screenshot.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
randy16randy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Follow-up...   After reading the error message I realized i had not added the vmwareservice account to the permissions of the new vCenter appliance.   After doing so, I was able to add to Skyline without issue.  Duh!

0 Kudos
cchilderhose528
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue even using the administrator account.  I migrated to new VCSAs on the weekend which are 6.7 and the previous ones I was connected with were 6.5.  I ran the "De-Register" option to reset everything but still cannot add my new VCs.

Any help?

***UPDATE -- I figured it out and needed to use Custom SSO and update the URLs as I changed the default domain vsphere.local to something else.  That fixed it.***

0 Kudos