VMware Cloud Community
mike01801
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM plugin has me re-authenticate every time after i have logged into vSphere client?

After I authenticate to the vSphere client and then go to the Site Recovery section, I get asked to re-authenticate to the recovery vcenter.

Is there any way to store my credentials, so I'm not logging in twice in a row when I need to the SRM activities? Once for vsphere client, and then again to recovery vcenter that SRM is connected with.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is normal activity and there is not yet a method to cache credentials for the other site, would be an awesome feature to have assuming that the remote site is on the same/trusted A.D. Domain.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is normal activity and there is not yet a method to cache credentials for the other site, would be an awesome feature to have assuming that the remote site is on the same/trusted A.D. Domain.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is a way to reduce the number of authentications.

However, you need to evaluate the security impact it may have on your situation, so I cannot recommended it right away.

Consider using the shortcut to your VpxClient.exe

"...\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -u username -p password -s VcAddress

From usability stand point, you could avoid typing in username, password, and vc address.

From security stand point, this shortcut might not be what you are looking for.

In either case, you would still have to type-in remote vc credentials later.

0 Kudos