VMware Cloud Community
ericgc
Contributor
Contributor

RecoverPoint and SRM Question

Having an issue with SRM and RecoverPoint. Everything is setup in SRM and I was told that before I do a test you have to pause replication in order for the recovery side to see the necessary replicated datastore(s). Once replication was paused I could see the datastore and successfully added it to one host in the cluster (6 hosts on the cluster) but the issue is can only add it to one of the hosts. All the other hosts get the attached message when trying to add it. It sees it but can only add it to the one host.

Not sure if this is a VMware issue, EMC issue or both as I am not really sure how RecoverPoint is supposed to work with SRM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ericgc
Contributor
Contributor

Here is attachment.

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Need some more information to really look into this, can you outline RecoverPoint, vSphere, SRA and SRM?

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
ericgc
Contributor
Contributor

Recoverpoint version 3.2sp2ps2

SRM version 4.1

SRA version 1.0.3

vCenter 4.1

We have a LUN setup to replicate with recoverpoint and everything has been added to SRM and protection has been configured.

When we do a Test it goes to preparing storage and we get a error right away saying non-fatal error information reported during execution of SRA:testFailover and some other long stuff.

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Your software versions are all fine but that long stuff and the end is going to be the key to finding root cause. You will also be able to troubleshoot more effectively by reviewing SRM and SRA logging. RecoverPoint generates some decent logging in the SRM logs, most easily gathered by generating a log bundle right after a failure, accessed from the Programs menu on you recovery site server. Open the zip file and get the latest vmware-dr log file in the Logs directory, posting here might be useful if the solution isn't obvious to you.

Cheers

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
ericgc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the responses Tim. Turns out "Auto SRM" mode was not checked off for the consistency group.

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ah, embarrassing, I should have caught that one! Glad you got it.

Cheers

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos