VMware Horizon Community
DarcySwope
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 Client App - Does not allow Shift Arrow for selecting text

When I use this Windows 10 App client to connect to our host - the host does not recognize Shift Arrow keys to select text.  Shift-End and Shift Home also do not select text. Any ideas for resolution?

I am using

VMWare Horizon Client

4.5.0 Build-5615124

0 Kudos
5 Replies
StevenTeitel
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Known issue with View client on windows 10 as per release notes https://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/horizon-client/horizon-client-windows-10uwp-43-release-note... and no resolution or workaround yet

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

exactly this issue is known to vmware since ver 4.2 and till now in 4.5

VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP Release Notes

however please advice what windows version you are using  for Horizon connection servers?

someone told me that issue is happening with windows 2008 even its haping to Zero client , but moving to windows 2012R2 would solve the problem

0 Kudos
netw1z
Contributor
Contributor

Still a known issue in the latest v4.8 of the UWP client see: VMware Horizon Client 4.8 for Windows 10 UWP Release Notes

Suggest not use UWP client and use the standard Win10 Horizon client that can be downloaded here: Download VMware Horizon Clients

Ctrl and shift select works fine there.

0 Kudos
JohannChristian
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue with the latest VMWare Horizon Client 5.2.0 (UWP client) on Windows 10. This means the UWP client is unusable for me (I use shift-arrow and ctrl-shift-arrow all the time).

The other client keeps crashing frequently, but I will try to use that one instead.

Hoping for a solution from VMWare.

0 Kudos