VMware Horizon Community
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7.12 Instant Clone Issues

We are implementing Horizon 7.12 in an organization. We have created our master VM Template that is Windows 10 Pro. I have installed all apps, ran the OS Optimization tool as well as the BIS-F tool on the VM. We are getting an error every single time we create the Desktop pool on the server. I have run through every single troubleshooting step I can to resolve this issue and we still can not. See the error message below. Horizon Agent and Direct Connection agents are both installed on the VM Template. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

The description for Event ID 105 from source VMware View cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

BROKER_PROVISIONING_DISABLED

Provisioning disabled for Pool <pool ID>

Attributes:

PoolId=<Pool ID>

Node=CSCU-VIRTUAL.cscu.local

Severity=ERROR

Time=Wed Jun 10 10:47:23 CDT 2020

Module=Broker

Source=com.vmware.vdi.desktoptracker.PoolInformation

Acknowledged=true

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

10 Replies
AlexAskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

just to make sure - Provisioning is enabled on you Host Pool as your error mentioned it is not:

pastedImage_1.png

Alex

0 Kudos
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is set to enable, as the only option I have is disable provisioning. I have deleted the pool and tried again and I still get the same error message.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Power on the master image > Check if any windows update is pending > Apply all windows updates > Make sure DNS server is correctly set and gold image is not joined to domain.

Take a new snapshot and check if you are able to create new pool.

0 Kudos
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

So we removed the machine from the domain, left it on the workgroup, we have tried going through the steps again and we are getting the same error message. I see that it is completing the CP-Template, powering it on, I can log in as an admin on the domain, log off with no issues. I see the template gets created in the domain and added to the user and computer group on the AD server. See the screenshot below. I am at a loss, I have never had this kind of issue before.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 9.29.21 AM.png

0 Kudos
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

Let me ask, i am not seeing Windows Server 2019 as a supported OS for Horizon. Can this be our issue we are facing? This client has nothing but 2019 in the environment. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes Windows server 2019 is supported as horizon agent. Please check VMware Knowledge Base

For instant clone failure, can you please enable debug mode and share the cloneprep log from respective CP-template VM?

To enable debug mode on instant clone pool:

Troubleshooting Instant Clones in the Internal VM Debug Mode

Cloneprep log location is : C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-viewcomposer-ga-new.log

0 Kudos
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

I have enabled that and there is no folder or log in that location.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In 7.12 cloneprep debug log is merged with general debug log file. Please provide the most recent debug log from C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\Logs

0 Kudos
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

I know I am not completely stupid with this stuff. I have another environment running with no issues. There is not a directory on the template machine. Are you needing it from the master machine? Neither machine has that directory to pull that log file. I have a C:\programData\Vmware\Logs folder. I will attach those but it has nothing for today in that log file.

0 Kudos
MITTECH20
Contributor
Contributor

So after taking a break and a second set of eyes, Horizon agent was not working. After uninstalling the agent, reboot, re-install the agent, it has come up and working with no issues now.