VMware Horizon Community
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Linked clone autostarts by itself

I have created 5 linked clones for testing. One of them constantly powers on by itself.

All I have in event log is:

Task: Power On virtual machine

Initiated by: vmware-user

Any suggestion what is causing it?

My config: VC5, View5

P.S. I had this problem with one of virtual machines long ago in different environment, and the only way to stop autostart was to delete it and create new one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can look under pool settings and provisioning settings.  There is an option for Number of spare (powered on) desktops.  You can try selecting that to 0 and see if a VM continues to power on. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can look under pool settings and provisioning settings.  There is an option for Number of spare (powered on) desktops.  You can try selecting that to 0 and see if a VM continues to power on. 

0 Kudos
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, it was it. I can't set it to 0, it gives me "Server Error: unknown". But now I know the reason of it. Thanks

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No problem at all. You may be able to disable the pool to keep it from starting.   That would work if you were trying to do maintenance. 

0 Kudos
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nope, the VM keep starting up. In addition whenever I try to save any changes to my test pool I receive "Server Error: Unknown".

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What changes are you making?   Does those changes work for any pool?

0 Kudos
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Anything from changing the poll name to number of spare (powered on) desktops.

Error happens only to test pool.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

very strange.  I've seen weird errors before when a pool was assigned a template that is no longer available but other than that I have no idea.   

0 Kudos