VMware Horizon Community
DKramkowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Client Issue

I've noticed an extremely maddening issue with the Horizon View Client (3.2.0): I have three monitors on my desktop system, and when I have the Horizon client up, any time that I minimize or close any other window on one of my other monitors, the Horizon client will snatch my pointer back from where it was - so if, for example, I have 10 windows on my left monitor to either close or minimize, and the Horizon client is on my right monitor, after each close or minimize, I will have to move my pointer from the right monitor, across the center and over to the left. It's maddening.

Has anyone else seen this, and maybe know how to stop it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Check out this KB article: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2112346

Symptoms

After minimizing or closing a Windows application, if the Horizon View Client window is the next application in focus, the mouse will jump to the center of the View Client session.

This issue occurs when using a Windows based View Client version 2.x or 3.x.

Resolution

This is a known issue occurring in Horizon View Client versions 2.x and 3.x.

Currently there is no solution or workaround for this issue.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

I just saw this:  VMware Horizon Client for Windows Release Notes

Resolved in Horizon Client 3.2.1 (Released on 9 June 2015)

• Previously, the mouse pointer would sometimes jump to the middle of a remote desktop window. For example, this issue could occur if you minimized or closed a window for an application other than Horizon Client, or if you restored a remote desktop window that had been minimized, or if you move your mouse pointer from another window to a remote desktop window, or while inside a remote desktop window, you pressed the Caps Lock key or Scroll Lock key so that the lock status on the client system is different from the lock status in the remote desktop. This issue has been resolved only in Horizon Client 3.2.1 and Horizon Client 3.4.
0 Kudos
DKramkowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks NZorn, I saw in that first link that it was unresolved. I'll grab that 3.2.1 version and see how it goes.

0 Kudos