VMware Cloud Community
Pream-KH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Memory The physical element is failing

Is anyone familiar with this alert? It is a warning value for any matter of the Host. At this time, the Host's memory is still complete and it works normally.Memory the physical element is  failing.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

After you replace the indicated hardware memory module the ESXi Hardware Status sensor error still does not clear.

If you check in Vcenter under the ESXi host -> Monitor -> Hardware Health -> Storage Sensors it lists the message “Memory The physical element is failing”.

To fix go to the System Event Log tab and select “RESET EVENT LOG”.

More info on VMware KB article: Warnings in the Hardware Status tab of an ESXi host fail to clear (2061093) - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2061093

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

To be honest, I checked this alert on my lab and i can found the same here as well.

so it seems normal but to make sure that everything is ok from your side, it is better to check the HW health status from your hardware console (Like ILO or IDRAC)

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

After you replace the indicated hardware memory module the ESXi Hardware Status sensor error still does not clear.

If you check in Vcenter under the ESXi host -> Monitor -> Hardware Health -> Storage Sensors it lists the message “Memory The physical element is failing”.

To fix go to the System Event Log tab and select “RESET EVENT LOG”.

More info on VMware KB article: Warnings in the Hardware Status tab of an ESXi host fail to clear (2061093) - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2061093

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
Pream-KH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer.

0 Kudos
Pream-KH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer. I have done this and the error has disappeared.

0 Kudos