VMware Cloud Community
BurningKrome
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 4.1 install crashes at 85% of loading installer

Hey,

I'm trying to install ESX 4.1 on a Lynx "VBB-TOPSEL-F" Intel i3 system. The ESX install CD boots, gives me the menu to select the installation type (Graphical install, text install)...but no matter which one I select (graphic or text) it loads the installer to 85% and then the systen simply restarts. I've checked the hard drives (Sata) in the bios, turned off everything I can...still no luck.

Help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
satya1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

BurningKrome wrote:

Hey,

I'm trying to install ESX 4.1 on a Lynx "VBB-TOPSEL-F" Intel i3 system. The ESX install CD boots, gives me the menu to select the installation type (Graphical install, text install)...but no matter which one I select (graphic or text) it loads the installer to 85% and then the systen simply restarts. I've checked the hard drives (Sata) in the bios, turned off everything I can...still no luck.

Help?

Thanks!

Hi what about hardware ,If you have extra RAM please change or if having two RAM remove one and check it

Yours,

Satya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
satya1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

BurningKrome wrote:

Hey,

Help?

Thanks!

Hi what about hardware ,If you have extra RAM please change or if having two RAM remove one and check it

Yours,

Satya

0 Kudos
BurningKrome
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Satya. We actually tried it on an identical machine with the same crash. We then tried it on the same basic model with a different motherboard and it installed.

FYI...the crash happens right as the Kernel tries to boot. At the 85% mark, the preinstall file loading is done and the Linux boot takes over. That's what was causing the restart.

Thanks!

0 Kudos