VMware {code} Community
deepakmits
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

waitForUpdates method is not detecting the Updates after Connection reset

Hi,

In my case, I am using waitForUpdates() method to detect the VMotions (.i.e when ever an VMotion happened i am trying the get the update using this method). This Works perfectly in normal case.

But suddenly after a VC connection reset. This waitForUpdates() method is not getting me any updates.

When the session id gets changed waitForUpdates(propertyCollector,version) would also have a new propertyCollector object (As i am giving the new Property collector obtained with the new connection object), So even now why it does not return me any of the updates after this connection reset.

Please let me know If am doing some thing wrong in handling this.

Please let me know how to handle the Connection reset and collect the updates eventually. What can affect the waitForupdates in returning the updates apart from the Property Collector object.

I even tried with the checkForUpdates method It was same behavior.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adityan20
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please Check if you are creating the PropertyFilter after Connection Reset. Proper intialization of the Property Filter should resolve your problem.

Thanks

Aditya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adityan20
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please Check if you are creating the PropertyFilter after Connection Reset. Proper intialization of the Property Filter should resolve your problem.

Thanks

Aditya

0 Kudos
deepakmits
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks alot. When i reintialize the Property Filter. The Problem got resolved.

0 Kudos