VMware Cloud Community
Bigi201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter Server 5.1, SSO and Inventory Service on one Server?

It says in vmware articles that all 3 roles can be installed for small deployments on one Server with enough hardware requirements (2 cores and 10GB RAM and 100GB Hard Drive recommended).

Question is what is considered small?

Can I install all 3 roles on one Server for lets say 14 Hosts and about 200 VMs?

If I have 3 vCenter Servers would I be better off installing all 3 roles on each of the 3 Servers. or having one SSO or SSO HA for all vCenter Servers?

The problem is we want to segregate the vCenter per Domain.

Big Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rvdl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes you can install all 3 roles on onse Server. We have it installed on a VM with 8GB RAM, 100GB HD and 4 CPU.

For the decision about wheter to install all 3 roles on all 3 vCenter servers, i would recommend you to read the following page.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203213...

If i should make the decision, i would completely separate all 3 domains and thus install all 3 vCenter servers with all 3 roles. But that doesn't mean that you have to do the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bigi201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Bigi201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anyone?

0 Kudos
rvdl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes you can install all 3 roles on onse Server. We have it installed on a VM with 8GB RAM, 100GB HD and 4 CPU.

For the decision about wheter to install all 3 roles on all 3 vCenter servers, i would recommend you to read the following page.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203213...

If i should make the decision, i would completely separate all 3 domains and thus install all 3 vCenter servers with all 3 roles. But that doesn't mean that you have to do the same.

0 Kudos
Bigi201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos