VMware Cloud Community
oonersch
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 5.1a install SSO error 29114

Hi,

I'm pursuing the simple server install and attempting to use an existing MSSQL 2005 server for the SSO DB. I've followed the various install guides through to the point where you specify the parameters to create the jdbc string. That works and the install kicks off but fails with a 29114 error.

The logs reveal (I've replaced my hostname with 'server.example.com'):

2012-12-21 15:47:32,970 - server.example.com,,,,Adding passwords to secrets store
2012-12-21 15:47:33,633 - server.example.com,,,,Creating database schema
2012-12-21 15:47:33,641 - server.example.com,,,,Processing SQL file: /rsaIMSLiteMSSQLCreateSchema.sql
2012-12-21 15:47:36,337 - server.example.com,,,,ERROR: Unable to create database schema: Incorrect syntax near '-'.
com.rsa.tools.common.action.exception.ExitException: Unable to create database schema: Incorrect syntax near '-'.
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.internal.Utils.handleDataAccessException(Utils.java:383)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.internal.Utils.convertToExitException(Utils.java:340)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.install.CreateSchema.execute(CreateSchema.java:95)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.ConfigureRIATCmd.execute(ConfigureRIATCmd.java:192)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.ConfigureRIATCmd.main(ConfigureRIATCmd.java:517)
Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [  GRANT DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT ON IMS_CONTROL TO sso-user ]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect syntax near '-'.
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:98)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:406)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:518)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.install.CreateSchema$SingleSqlCallback.perform(CreateSchema.java:135)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.install.CreateSchema$SingleSqlCallback.perform(CreateSchema.java:114)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.internal.DbUtils.processSqlResource(DbUtils.java:65)
    at com.rsa.riat.tools.install.CreateSchema.execute(CreateSchema.java:76)
    ... 2 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect syntax near '-'.
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2820)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2258)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:632)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:584)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL(JtdsStatement.java:546)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeImpl(JtdsStatement.java:723)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsStatement.java:1166)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsStatement.java:1119)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$1UpdateStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:508)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$1UpdateStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:1)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:395)
    ... 7 more

and have got to the point where the install created my 2 DB users am stuck on this error.has db_owner privileges

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies