VMware Cloud Community
seangar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

templates gone

We just upgraded to the latest VC and our templates are missing. When I brwse the datastore I see the folders and VMDK's but cannot highlight and "Add to Inventory". The selection is greyed out.

What must I do to add the templates back in to our farm.

TIA

SG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

since you are talking templates the extension should be .vmtx both in stefan's command and browasing the datastore -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Can you try using the command line:

vmware-cmd -s register vmfs/volume/vmfslabel/VMName/VMName.vmx

FYI: You cannot register .vmdk file extension try .vmx or .vmtx instead.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

since you are talking templates the extension should be .vmtx both in stefan's command and browasing the datastore -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
seangar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

THX, that was it thru gui... easy as pie.

0 Kudos