VMware Cloud Community
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

permissions question

Hi,

I am trying to complete full set of permissions needed for user to create VMs in my cluster. He will need only permissions to his own resource pool. Everything is perfectly running, but one thing I can't make working: Events view on datacenter level. In order to allow user creating new VM this user must have role: VM->CreateNew on datacenter level (otherwise he can't proceed with wizard), but if this user has this role in there (with propagation set to NO), then basically he can deploy VMs, but still he has access to see all Events on datacenter level (like other users that did something, or all errors that occured in the past etc). This also applies to highest level (so VC level).

Is there any way to disallow this view? This user should be only able to view events/tasks on his resourcepool level (nothing else).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

I think I found solution for that "issue". I just removed permission from datacenter level, and then created a folder for that user (instead of creating VMs directly under DC). This way it works perfectly Smiley Happy

:edit:

Well, not exactly. I don't see events on main level, and I don't see "historical" entries on DC level, but I still see every task that is performed by other users (from the point of login)

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos