Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

cannot manage SAN from vSphere client

I installed a vCenter Server on a Win 2008 32-bit along with

vSphere Client (ESX 4 update 1) and

IBM DS300 DS4000 DS5000 vCenter Management Plug-in

on a same virtual machine.

I already created a role Storage Administrator with all privileges, give permission to a user "umar" as Storage Administrator after I installed that plug-in but it still says that user does not have the privilege as a Storage Administrator.

From Plug-in Manager, the plug-in is enabled.

What could be the root of this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilippeMasse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Did your new role is add to the Datacenter level ? If yes than maybe there is another role that is set up at the same level or below and prevent your user to use is new rights. Prevent access are always stronger than the gaining access so if the same user have administrative rights somewhere above but on the specific objet he have less right , he will lose his privileges.

I used to have the same kind of problems and this was the solution I have found for me.

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhilippeMasse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Did your new role is add to the Datacenter level ? If yes than maybe there is another role that is set up at the same level or below and prevent your user to use is new rights. Prevent access are always stronger than the gaining access so if the same user have administrative rights somewhere above but on the specific objet he have less right , he will lose his privileges.

I used to have the same kind of problems and this was the solution I have found for me.

Hope this helps !

0 Kudos
umarzuki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

apparently the user umar is not in Administrators group on the app server. That solves it.

0 Kudos