VMware Cloud Community
GHI_KN
Contributor
Contributor

VSphere 6.0 essentials and vcenter license key

Hello,

I have reinstalled my vcenter appliance. I have a VSphere 6.0 essentials, which, as far as I know, includes vcenter. I have the vsphere license key, but no vcenter license key.

The problem is that I have introduced the vsphere license keys, but the vcenter keeps in evaluation mode. What do I have to do to get the vcenter working in production mode instead of evaluation mode?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dimyke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Are you sure you're using vSphere 6.0? This is still flash based and flash is EOL since the start of this year.

Anyway, after entering your licenses you still have to link them to an asset. In the licenses GUI there is another tab 'assets'.
Go there, select your vcenter and assign the license to this vcenter instance.

Kr
Dimitri

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ESXi hosts use a vSphere license key, vCenter Server uses a vCenter license key - so you must have 2 separate keys, 1 of each type.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos