VMware Cloud Community
Janies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM is stored in two different Datastores

Hello,

How can I Tell which Datastore my VM is using?    I have 2 Datastores and one of the datastores (Datastore 2) have ALL the current files in it whereas the other (Datastore 1) only has one vmdk and modified date of 2016.  I am not sure how this was created.  Is it safe to assume that I can delete this old file in Datastore 1?  I've looked at the disks that the server uses and they all point to the datastore 2.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

An easy way is from the Flex client to either look at Related Objects -> Datastores (vCenter 6.0) or Datastores (vCenter 6.5) and it will show you all datastores that have any storage components applicable to the VM. This includes any ISOs that might be mounted to the VM as well.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

An easy way is from the Flex client to either look at Related Objects -> Datastores (vCenter 6.0) or Datastores (vCenter 6.5) and it will show you all datastores that have any storage components applicable to the VM. This includes any ISOs that might be mounted to the VM as well.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Janies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IT does show it is related to Datastore 2 (VD2).  One thing to note.. this is configured for VMotion as well.. but vmotion wouldn't create that vm on the other Datastore would it?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, vMotion wouldn't cause that.

0 Kudos