VMware Cloud Community
schmidwi
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble with Update Manager

I am getting repeated "Check New Notification" tasks in my Virtual Center Server.  I originally had virtual center and VUM installed on the same machine.  I removed Update Manager, removed Virtual Center, removed both SQL instances, and then re-installed SQL 2008 (Full version), and then re-installed Virtual Center.

Eventually, I want to install Update Manager on a separate machine, but I would like to get rid of the "check notifications" messages first.  I have check the "Add / remove programs" on the virtual center server as well as on my system (where vSphere client is installed) and there is no trace of "update manager".  I have also checked "services" on both machines and no update manager runnig.

It appears the uninstall may not have been fully successful.  My re-install of virtual center did not wipe the database.  My guess is there is an artifact in the db somewhere, but I don't where to start looking and I'm a bit leary of ering with the db.

Any ideas how to totally remove the Update Manager from my system(s) so I can start over?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

check your scheduled tasks in vCenter, is there anything there still for VUM?

0 Kudos