VMware Cloud Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Performance Graphs Real-time is an hour off.

I was just looking at some real-time performance graphs from the VI client and noticed that the time on the graph is off by one hour.

I checked the host server and it's time is correct, I checked the VirtualCenter server and the time is correct, the computer running the VI client has the correct time, and the VM has the correct time.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If that's the case, then it really sounds like your laptop hasn't been patched to understand the 2007 DST change.... I bet on Monday that it displays properly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
wobbly1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

are they all using the same timezone?

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, everything is in the same timezone.

0 Kudos
FredPeterson
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What about the SQL server? Graphs are generated based on stored procedures in the database and thus could be dictated based on the SQL server time.

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

SQL server is displaying the correct time and timezone.

Jas

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This is a new feature of Virtual Center. Its another patented VMware technology called Predictive Performance Monitoring. With advances into virtualization, VMware is now able to predict exactly how your systems will perform 1 hour in advance.

Unless its reporting an hour behind. Then you've just found a bug or something is misconfigured Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Naw, it's an hour behind.

I've since noticed that it is only when viewing the performance graphs from my laptop, however, my laptop is in the correct timezone and displaying the correct time which is the same timezone and time as the VirtualCenter server.

Jason

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

there might be some settings wrong in your laptops database configuration (ODBC)

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If that's the case, then it really sounds like your laptop hasn't been patched to understand the 2007 DST change.... I bet on Monday that it displays properly.

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

JDL -

So, did your display correct itself after April 1st?

J

0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes it did but my laptop jumped ahead an hour??

Jason

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yup, that sounds right also. It is still interpreting the DST change according to the old rules. Thus, when you "fixed" the time to display as it should back in March, on April 1st it applied the "spring forward."

The stats data is timestamped by VC, thus it is now displayed properly on your laptop.

0 Kudos