VMware Cloud Community
mn0609
Contributor
Contributor

Installation

I am trying to install vCentre Server 2.5 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 64bit and during installation I get the following error: The following components can not be installed on this operating system: VMware Virtualcentre Server and VMware Update Manager.

I checked the VMware download page and there is no reference thereabout downloading a seratate 64bit version.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this going?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums - at this point vCenter and its components are only 32 bit - and I do not believe XP 64 is not on the supported lists of O/S for vCenetr -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

Try to install the 64-Bit .NetFramework 2.0 (By default it uses 32Bit .NetFramework). Then, try to install the vCenter server

OR Follow this links:

(Unfortunately, NOT ENGLISH language)

http://communities.vmware.com/message/821756#821756 (Follow "mcadler" steps)

Shan

If you find this post helpful, please award points using the Helpful/Correct buttons...Thanks

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos