VMware Cloud Community
crichardson23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do I stil need the SSO database after upgrading to vCenter 5.5 U1?

I have one vCenter server and all the required roles are on one server. However the vCenter database and the SSO (RSA) database are on different database servers. Today I upgraded vCenter to 5.5 U1. Everything was successful. However I've been reading that in 5.5 the RSA database is moved and is now stored within the vCenter database. But I still have the RSA database on my SQL server.

Is there a way for me to confirm the SSO database now lives in the vCenter database? I'd like to clean up and remove the RSA database from my SQL server if it's no longer required.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

you should see a folder structure ending in CIS\LOGS on the drive where you installed the 5.5 U1 SSO component..

Similar to :-

• vCenter Server 5.5.x on 2003 – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\CIS\logs\
  • vCenter Server 5.5.x and 2008, 2012 – C:\ProgramData\VMware\CIS\logs\
  • vCenter Server Virtual Appliance 5.5.x – /var/log/vmware/sso/

Once you see those logs you can be confident all is ok, just take your old SSO db offline via SQL for added confidence

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

you should see a folder structure ending in CIS\LOGS on the drive where you installed the 5.5 U1 SSO component..

Similar to :-

• vCenter Server 5.5.x on 2003 – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\CIS\logs\
  • vCenter Server 5.5.x and 2008, 2012 – C:\ProgramData\VMware\CIS\logs\
  • vCenter Server Virtual Appliance 5.5.x – /var/log/vmware/sso/

Once you see those logs you can be confident all is ok, just take your old SSO db offline via SQL for added confidence

0 Kudos
crichardson23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you very much. Those logs exist. I'll take the RSA database offline and see what happens Smiley Happy

Cheers.

0 Kudos
PaulUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was exactly like you when I moved from 5.1 to 5.5.. 

Better safe than sorry right  Smiley Happy

All the best

Paul.

0 Kudos