VMware Workspace ONE Community
MichaelWidok
Contributor
Contributor

Android for Work second Exchange Account

What is the best practice for adding a second Account to Android for Work (Profile managed). The default profile is dynamically assigned  for every user is Mail Client Type Gmail.

I added a second Exchange Active Sync profile (Mail Client Type Gmail) to assign it static to a couple of devices, but it seems the second profile is overriding the first one.
Clicking on the left Pop Up Navigation doesn't show me an Option to switch account (like when you add more then one account in the normal Gmail App)
Labels (1)
3 Replies
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I asked this ages ago, got no response but I think I later found out after some extensive Googling that Airwatch just doesnt support pushing two accounts in parallel.
Hopefully someone can confirm for sure, as we'd still like to achieve the same.
0 Kudos
MichaelWidok
Contributor
Contributor

You can add a second Account under iOS with no Problems so it must be either a bug by AirWatch or it ins't implemented in AFW.
I can't see many alternatives how you can configure this, try to use boxer, a second app where you can send configuration via app configuration or use Mail Client Type Work Managed (should then use the nativ email Client if i'm not wrong)
0 Kudos
gdramirez1
Contributor
Contributor

I was told that this is a feature request AirWatch has put in with Google as it seems it's on their side as AW supports the profiles but the app itself won't auto populate a second email account.  If created manually it works fine. 
0 Kudos