VMware Cloud Community
kaoju
Contributor
Contributor

problem to install vm w2K3 R2 x64

Hello i have 2 servers, one with VIC and another with esx 3.0.2 update 1.

I want to install about esx a vm w2k3 R2 x64 but i can't, the platform don't support this system. With an install x32 no problem. The VT is enabled about the esx server.

An idea?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Did you power cycle the host after enabling VT?

0 Kudos
Hairyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For Intel based hosts you have to make sure that the CPU supports EM64T which is not a "True" 64-bit chipset but supports 64-bit processing and also as jmattson suggested after enabling VT in the BIOS have you restarted ?

Cheers

Aaron

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

As the pervious two posters have said, your Host server chipset had to be at least a AMD revE or above, or if an Intel Chip, support EM64T. also Intel Chipsets have to have the VT extensions enabled in the BIOS, if your server does not have this, as your HW vendor ifr a BIOS update to activate this feature is available.

There is one or more of the above missing on your Host system

Once these have been verified, Reboot your server, I would recommend a Cold reboot rather than a restart.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Kind Regards

Tom,

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
kaoju
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

the problem is resolved. In fact i used the install's cd of HP And this cd was oem.

With a cd technet no problem!

Thanks for your answer. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos