VMware Cloud Community
Albin_Penic
Contributor
Contributor

VM's Time Off by 1 Hour After boot on second ESX server

Few days ago we test our disaster location with scenario of failing primary location. After I boot VM's on backup ESX server I notice that some of them have time issue - 1 hour ahead. Time zone on all VM's are the same, ESX in DRC server is configured same as ESX server on primary location.

Both ESX servers using NTP sync, all VM's are sync to host via VMTools .

Anyone have same issue? How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AntonyBarlow
Contributor
Contributor

double check you time settings - if its out by exactly 1 hour is does sound like a time zone issue

0 Kudos
Hairyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check to see if there is a Daylight Saving option that is configured by mistake as well

0 Kudos
Albin_Penic
Contributor
Contributor

All VMs are configured same. They are deployed from template.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

This really sounds like the time-zone is not set correctly on the ESX server, see the below technote....

Adjusting ESX Server Time Zone - http://kb.vmware.com/kb/10886020

Eric Siebert

VMware Communities User Moderator

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Visit my website:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

0 Kudos
Albin_Penic
Contributor
Contributor

I will try this solution with time zone, but i think this will not solve problem, becuse when i type date command in ESX server they give me same answer Thu Dec 13 09:11:29 *CET *2007.

0 Kudos
mystereman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was having this problem as well, it started after the DST change. I'm not entirely sure what I did to fix the problem, but I think it had something to do with the hardware clock not being synced with the runtime clock. You might want to force the hwclock to be synced.

0 Kudos