VMware Cloud Community
jprovine7
Expert
Expert

VIBBS Error

I was trying to upgrade my esxi host from 5.5 to 6.0 and got the following error -

Conflicting_VIBS error: Vibs on the host are conflicting with the vibs in the metadata. Remove the conflicting VIBS or use image builder to create a custom iso providing newer versions of the conflicting vibs.

[VMware_bootbank_xhci-xhci_1.0-3vmw.550.3.95.4325813'}>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

How did you try to run the upgrade?

In case you want to run it from the command line, and you have a complete offline bundle (i.e. no need for additional drivers), you may run s.th. like:

esxcli software profile install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/folder/offline-bundle.zip -p <profilename> --ok-to-remove --dry-run

Note:--dry-run can be used to evaluate what's going to happen without actually changing anything.

To find out the profile name run:

esxcli software sources profile list -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/folder/offline-bundle.zip

André

0 Kudos
jprovine7
Expert
Expert

I tried to run the vCenter 6.5 update manager but it would not let me upload esxi 6.0., then I tried to use the 6.0 bootable iso and that is when I got the VIBs error

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I tried to run the vCenter 6.5 update manager but it would not let me upload esxi 6.0 ...

That's the expected behavior. Update Manager will only allow Host upgrades to it's own version (v6.5 in this case).

then I tried to use the 6.0 bootable iso and that is when I got the VIBs error

The interactive CD-ROM upgrade does a lot of checks, and I ran into such issues in the past too. Since that time I usually use the command line approach that I've mentioned in my previous post for upgrades. If you have access to the offline bundle, it may be worth trying the command line upgrade to see whether this succeeds.

André

0 Kudos