VMware Cloud Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VSAN stretched cluster grey tap

Hi

Why I could not enable Stretched Cluster ?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have replied to your post - Re: VSAN Streched Cluster on nested host

I believe this is also related to the ESXi version not supported with vSAN Stretched Cluster.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as "Correct" or "Helpful" when you get the correct/helpful answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

-Shivam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
elerium
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Looks like you have some fault domains already configured. My guess is you'll need to remove the existing fault domain to configure a stretched cluster (you'll create a new fault domain when configuring a stretched cluster)

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Greetings!

I think I know the problem here. The "Configure" button is grayed out because HA is enabled on this vSAN Cluster.

In order to modify some of the configurations of a vSAN Cluster (like making it Stretched Cluster, turning off vSAN etc), you need to disable HA on vSAN Cluster. Once you are done with the modification of vSAN Cluster, you can re-enable HA on it. This is as per the design of VMware vSAN.

Please try disabling HA on your vSAN Cluster and I am sure you would be able to click on "Configure" button to enable Stretched Cluster.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

-Shivam

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Just curious to know if you were able to Click on Configure after disabling HA?

Cheers!

-Shivam

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have replied to your post - Re: VSAN Streched Cluster on nested host

I believe this is also related to the ESXi version not supported with vSAN Stretched Cluster.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as "Correct" or "Helpful" when you get the correct/helpful answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

-Shivam

0 Kudos