VMware Cloud Community
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vCloud director 10.5 with NSX manager 6.4.14

Hi All,

I have a doubt. Could someone please clarify me?

I'm using this new setup. I'm not using any NSX features and just integrated the below NSX manager version with vCloud director(NSX manager is needed while integrating the VC from VCD).

My networks all come from VC DVS port group with VLAN based.

Version:

vCenter 8.0 U2

ESXi 8.0 U2

VCD 10.5

VMware-NSX-Manager-6.4.14-20609341

Why VMware is asking us to use NSX manager if we are not using any NSX features?

Also the NSX version 6.4.14-20609341 is not on the VMware interoperability compatibly matrix against VC version 8.0 u2 & VCD 10.5 version.

Can someone share any ideas?

Thanks,

Manivel RR

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @ManivelR ,

This is NSX-V and the option to include/exclude is available during vCenter registration with vCD.  There is a toggle button to disable NSX-V registration(step.10) - Attach a vCenter Server Instance .

NSX-V is end of support and vSphere 7.0 was the last version to support it. vSphere 8.0 does not support NSX-V. Please uncheck these two boxes in interop to list EOGS/legacy products - 'Past End of General Support' and 'Past End of Technical Guidance'.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, you got the right setting there. If you are not using NSX-V features, you can remove and register vCenter to vCD without NSX-V.

0 Kudos
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Much appreciated Akhil for your very quick response.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @ManivelR ,

This is NSX-V and the option to include/exclude is available during vCenter registration with vCD.  There is a toggle button to disable NSX-V registration(step.10) - Attach a vCenter Server Instance .

NSX-V is end of support and vSphere 7.0 was the last version to support it. vSphere 8.0 does not support NSX-V. Please uncheck these two boxes in interop to list EOGS/legacy products - 'Past End of General Support' and 'Past End of Technical Guidance'.

Hope that helps.

ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks Akhil,It means, I need to disable(below screenshot) and then need to go to next step.

As i told earlier,Im using DVS portgroup with VLAN based.

So  I can delete the NSX-v manager from VC and unregister it from VC ? I hope Im right.

ManivelR_0-1704459066529.png

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, you got the right setting there. If you are not using NSX-V features, you can remove and register vCenter to vCD without NSX-V.

0 Kudos
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Much appreciated Akhil for your very quick response.

0 Kudos
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Akhil,

I have one issue.

1.I removed  NSX-v manager appliance from vCenter and unregistered the extension.

2. I connected the VC from VCD without NSX-v/NSX-t.

3. Created a new organization "test"

4. created a new external network for the test organization

5. when i create a new organization vdc network,i cannot see the "external network".It says no network found.

ManivelR_0-1704465863436.png

Please help.

0 Kudos
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I fixed it.

I created a DVS/port group in the vCenter server but forgot to attach the ESXi hosts to the DVS.That's the problem.

Attached are all those ESXi hosts in to the DVS and the problem fixed.

0 Kudos