VMware Cloud Community
tinku201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue with External/Internal Ogranisation Network in vCloud

Hi All,

I am trying to boot WindowXP VM inside HCLOrgvDC (Org vDC). But booting failed with an Error as below.

-Unable to start vApp "vApp_administrator_7".
- Unable to start virtual machines in resource pool "2114618123-HCLOrgvDC".
- Failed to start VM WindowsXP: could not locate an enabled host connected to all required networks.

I just want to boot it without External Network Connectivity. I have created a network pool with direct connection (screenshot attached), but still VM is not booting.

What could be the Issue, Please help

Thanks

Tej

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tsugliani
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

From the error message could you check that all your hosts are correctly enabled in vCD ?

vCloud Admin -> Manage & Monitor -> vSphere Resources -> Hosts

if not, be sure to enable each host, this permits you to use the "host spanning" capability for your Network Pools. (your underlying vSphere Cluster)

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tsugliani
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

From the error message could you check that all your hosts are correctly enabled in vCD ?

vCloud Admin -> Manage & Monitor -> vSphere Resources -> Hosts

if not, be sure to enable each host, this permits you to use the "host spanning" capability for your Network Pools. (your underlying vSphere Cluster)

Regards,

0 Kudos
tinku201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Tsugliani

Many thanks for your really helpful indication.

Problem was as follows.

vCloud was executing some script on ESX which load dvfilter module. But some ESX was unable to locate the dvfilter driver.

So I followed steps in the link and it worked as charm.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103104...

But vCloud never said me explicility that Host association has failed. anyway it worked for now.

Thanks

Tej

0 Kudos