VMware Cloud Community
MycroftNC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Creating vApp Network in HTML5 Portal throws error VCD 9.7.0

I get the following error in the HTML5 Tenant portal when trying to create an Isolated vApp Network as an Org Administrator.  I am able to successfully create the vApp Network using the flash tenant portal, so I do not believe it is a permissions issue.  I get the same error when trying to create a routed vApp network.   The only network currently added to the vApp is the single OrgNetwork that exists within the DemoCustomer organization VDC.

pastedImage_0.png

Here are the logs from the vCloud cell, no error is caught:

2019-05-22 08:17:05,712 | DEBUG    | pool-jetty-60             | VAppNetworkManagerImpl         | Fetching parent network LR for Direct vApp network with LR c58e65b4-..., found 1 records | requestId=dd157168-...,request=GET https://vcloud.example.com/api/vApp/vapp-22cea9c4-.../networkConfigSection,requestTime=1558527425630... (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 ...,accept=application/*+xml;version 32.0

2019-05-22 08:17:05,856 | DEBUG    | pool-jetty-60             | OperationAccessManagerImpl     | No operations for entity <OrgNetworkName>(com.vmware.vcloud.entity.network:37b05d13-....). Computing operations. | requestId=dd157168-...,request=GET https://vcloud.example.com/api/vApp/vapp-22cea9c4-.../networkConfigSection,requestTime=1558527425630... (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 ...,accept=application/*+xml;version 32.0

2019-05-22 08:17:05,899 | DEBUG    | pool-jetty-60             | RestApiVersionSupportFilter    | Filtering object of type com.vmware.vcloud.api.rest.schema_v1_5.NetworkConfigSectionType | requestId=dd157168-...,request=GET https://vcloud.example.com/api/vApp/vapp-22cea9c4-.../networkConfigSection,requestTime=1558527425630... (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 ...,accept=application/*+xml;version 32.0

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MycroftNC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I should have read the 9.7.0.1 release notes more closely:

• Cannot create more than one vApp network as an organization administrator

As an organization administrator, you cannot create more than one vApp network and you cannot fence or unfence vApps by using the HTML5 tenant portal. The problem occurs when you have an existing fenced network connected to an organization VDC network, and you try to create a new one.

I have verified in the lab that 9.7.0.1 fixes this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MycroftNC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Some additional info:

This only seems to occur if a Direct Org VDC Network is already added to the vApp.  I can create a blank vApp and add a standalone isolated or routed vApp network just fine with the HTML5 Tenant UI.  But once I've added an Org Network to the vApp, I can no longer add vApp networks from the Tenant UI.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?   I do have a slightly modified Org Admin role that removes some functionality, so it's possible I have broken something.  But considering this works fine within the Flash portal I believe it's more likely a bug with the HTML5 tenant UI.

0 Kudos
MycroftNC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I should have read the 9.7.0.1 release notes more closely:

• Cannot create more than one vApp network as an organization administrator

As an organization administrator, you cannot create more than one vApp network and you cannot fence or unfence vApps by using the HTML5 tenant portal. The problem occurs when you have an existing fenced network connected to an organization VDC network, and you try to create a new one.

I have verified in the lab that 9.7.0.1 fixes this issue.

0 Kudos