VMware Cloud Community
WillieSurvive
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 6.5, missing the HTML5 client

Hi guys,

I migrated my vCenter server to 6.5 last weekend. I've been using the HTML5 web client fling appliance for a while and it's still present on my cluster.

The one problem I've run into is that I don't seem to have the native HTML5 client. If I point a browser that the vcenter I get the standard "Getting Started" page with a link to the "vSphere Web Client (Flash)" but there isn't a link to the HTML5 client like you see here:

In VMware vSphere 6.5, missing functions in speedy HTML5 Web UI leaves us saddled with vSphere Web C...

If I point a browser directly at the HTML5 client at "vcenter.ip/ui" I get this message:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x00007f32ec059110] _serverNamespace = /ui action = Allow _port = 5090)

Now maybe I'm just being thick and need to add or active the client on the appliance, but I'd like to think I wouldn't have missed that, or maybe having the fling on my system was detected and disabled it. I'm at a losss, any ideas?

-Will

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi ,

Could you please check the logs and access to the port 5090

It may related to the SSL certificate

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos
WillieSurvive
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Raj_Raj,

I sorted it out and it was indeed a silly mistake.

I was in the 6.5 beta program and had downloaded the files a few weeks before 6.5 went GA. I mixed up my downloads and had actually installed build VCSA 4240420. There were all sorts of subtle things that were wrong so I redeployed the proper GA appliance. Things are working much better now. I can see and access the HTML5 client. The only thing that isn't working in either client is the hardware status.

-Will

0 Kudos