VMware Cloud Community
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

can we delete vpxd-XXX.dmp.gz

my virtual center  drive is FULL.  Found many vpxd.dmp.gz . I was thinking to delete them.

can anyone confirm that it is ok to delete vpxd-dmp.gz files from virtual center logs

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

1.2GB doesn't seem to be something to worry about. Maybe something else is filling up the disk!? I'd suggest you run e.g. TreeSize to see whether this helps.

As for the log file. You can basically delete all rotated logs (extensions usually are .gz or .1-.9) if you don't need them anymore. However - as mentioned before - this is just a temporary workaround..

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Dup files are usually created in case of issues/errors. You may delete these files, but you should also try to find out what's causing the creation of these files, otherwise deleting them is just a temporary workaround for the disk space issue.

André

khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks André,

I have around 9 to 10 files for each kind of files

vpxd#.log.gz ,

vpxd-profiler#.log.gz , 

My total VMware virtual center logs are in 1.2 GB. Is it not normal ? I don't see any abnormal behavior or error from VC.

How about drmdump files under this path.  can I remove those as well ?

C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs\drmdump\cluster#

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

1.2GB doesn't seem to be something to worry about. Maybe something else is filling up the disk!? I'd suggest you run e.g. TreeSize to see whether this helps.

As for the log file. You can basically delete all rotated logs (extensions usually are .gz or .1-.9) if you don't need them anymore. However - as mentioned before - this is just a temporary workaround..

André

0 Kudos
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks again, André

0 Kudos