VMware Cloud Community
Cabfire
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client not reconizing Host

Hello there,

I'm a bit new to VMware despise one recent formation and so try to improve myself on this, i hope you could help me on this.

I use vCenter Client and vCenter Web Client 5.5 to manage 2 hosts. Here is my problem today.

I have some VM in Host1 and Host2, i got it all with the vCenter Client, but in my WEB client, nothing can be found in the Host2...

So i tried to suppress the host2 from the WEB client and made a mistake i think. I used the disconnected option, and tryed to re add the client (sure it wont work). After that i deleted my Host2 from the vCenter client, in hope that i could add it again in the WEB client, but doesnt work here.

So now in the WEB client it seems that i have a phantom Host2 that i can't pass in maintenance mode to delete it, and that i can't add it again, cause it already exist. (i assume it is just disconnected for the WEB client.)

Could you help me or give me hint to get it back to normal state in my WEB client that i need to use ?

(everything is ok in the vSphere Client, Host 1 & 2 are ok, i have re added the Host 2 here)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Restart the vCenter server services and then try logging in with the default admin credentials administrator@vsphere.local and see if your able to remove and re-add the Host.

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
aSmoot
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same problem.     The hosts were available in both Windows and Web client, but after I upgraded the VCSA certs and reconnected hosts, they show up as Disconnected state in Web Client and I can't manage them with Web Client.  However, I can manage them in Windows C# client.     I restarted the VCSA entirely (this is lab) and even one of the hosts in the cluster, but same state.

0 Kudos
timgawne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Similar issue. I've restarted the VCSA several times, but no change. It seems the Web client is completely out of sync. I've powered up several VMs from the C# client, but they all still show powered down in the Web client. I've added a new VM from the Web client, but it never shows up in the inventory, however it's there in the C# client. I can see the tasks complete, but the objects they complete for are greyed out in the task status, such as the new VM.

0 Kudos
dmg136
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same problem.  I tried to enable the software iscsi adapter through the webclient and the process didn't finish.  I then fired up the thick client and did the configuration instead.  Now, several weeks later, the web client still shows everything exactly as it was when I issued that command to enable the software iscsi adapter.  It doesn't show any of the VMs running in the cluster or any changes made since then.  We have tried rebooting the VCSA, just tried upgrading it today and it is still stuck.  If this is the future of vSphere, it is looking very dark.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I was going to open an issue with support, but decided to check here first. 

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Did any of you guys open an SR for this with VMware?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
timgawne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I suspect my issue had to do with the IP address of the VCSA changing. I had everything running DHCP for a lab, and had turned it all down for a week. I've since rebuilt the small environment.

0 Kudos
sree_30
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The inventory information to the webclient is provided by the inventory service DB. Could you please try resetting the IS DB and check if it resolves the display issue on the web client. Please follow the below KB to reset the IS DB.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=204220...

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos