VMware Cloud Community
peteflying
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter installation failed: really need your help!!

First of all, hello everybody, it is my first post..

On a homelab (nested), i would like to evaluate a vsphere installation. To be more precise, i would like to follow as close as possible the SDDC documents (version 4.3).

My Problem: I tried to install Vcenter 6.7 and each time i failed...

My setup:

- An active directory , ntp, dns server is setup to resolve "homelab.local" (172.16.11.4)

- An active directory, ntp, dns server is setup to resolve "sfo01.homelab.local (172.16.11.6)

- PTR and A record are done for all of servers (DNS,PSC,VCENTER,ESXI, and so on)

- NTP server is configured on 172.16.11.6

On sfo01m01esx01, i Install two PSC as described in the SDDC document (which is by the way very well desccribed).

I can't configure them because i need the vsphere client which is given by the vcenter.

So, i started to install the VCSA from the DNS server (172.16.11.6) to sfo01m01esx01

- stage 1 : always good

- stage 2: always failed (at diferente moment).

So i tried to install vcenter + embedded platform services controller: but same result..............

Could you please help me to manage this installation?

I read a lot of messages from this forum and try to correct (specially from DNS and NTP)

PS:

- configuration before launch the stage 1

- configuration before launch the stage 2

@- the dns resolution from 172.16.11.6

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

What is the error? There is no screenshot with any error

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Dont waste time with external PSCs because VMware says they are deprecated for now.

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
peteflying
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the time u have taken to read my message!

I will post the error messsages screenshot, but as I said, the error messages is different at each attempt:

- failed to start content-library or failed to start vmware-vpxd

Thanks for the information about PSC. I will deploy only embedded Psc with the vcenter.

thx

0 Kudos