VMware Cloud Community
tiimestream
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Restored Vcenter - hosts disconnected

Hi,

I upgrade our vcenter from 4.1 to 5.5.  I wasn't happy after the upgrade because I was getting a few errors and eventually needed to restore it using veeam.  I have the backup all up but when I log into the vsphere client my hosts are showing up as "disconnected".

Can someone please offer suggestions? I just need to get these online so I can remove the hosts from the cluster and attach them to a new vcenter server I've setup.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dangingerich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You may have some passwords changed up.  The new vCenter server probably synced up new passwords for the vpxuser account as it was set up.  So, the passwords the restored vCenter server knew are probably invalid.

Right click on the host and select "Connect."  It should prompt you for the root password for each as it reconnects.  If it doesn't, you may have to remove the host form inventory and then re-add it to get it back. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dangingerich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You may have some passwords changed up.  The new vCenter server probably synced up new passwords for the vpxuser account as it was set up.  So, the passwords the restored vCenter server knew are probably invalid.

Right click on the host and select "Connect."  It should prompt you for the root password for each as it reconnects.  If it doesn't, you may have to remove the host form inventory and then re-add it to get it back. 

0 Kudos
tiimestream
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yep that was it, doh.

0 Kudos