VMware Communities
skeeter1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation 6 Config

When I installed VMware WS 6, my wireless icon in my status bar disappeared even though I am connected to my wireless AP. This happened when I installed WS 5 as well and I can't remember what I did to resolve it. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I promise to make a note of what to do in the future to fix this. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I assume you are using Windows?

If so, did you go into the network adapter properties on the host and select show Icon in system tray?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I assume you are using Windows?

If so, did you go into the network adapter properties on the host and select show Icon in system tray?

0 Kudos
skeeter1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry, yes I am using Windows XP SP2. I have checked the box you suggested and both VM adapters now show in the system tray but my wireless icon is still missing even though the box is checked for that adapter (Wireless Network Connection)

0 Kudos
skeeter1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help, I couldn't believe that your suggestion didn't work so I shut down all the connections and manually restarted them and it appeared at that point. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you resolved your issue, Windows can be funny sometimes Smiley Wink

0 Kudos