VMware Communities
marcelosouza1
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple connections to VMWare workstation Pro

I want o configure a server on our office as VM server using the VMWare workstation pro software.
This server will be connected to our corporate network, so it needs to be loaded with the company image of windows. It will accept remote desktop connections from multiple users simultaneously.
Each user will launch an instance of VMware and run the VMs they need. I also need the different VMs to be able to communicate over a network connection internal to the host (Loopback adapter)
Will this work with the VMware workstation pro or do I need a different software?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Hi,

First, have a look to your requirements about user managed virtual desktops.

Consider in Running VMware Workstation as a server with shared virtual machines the x86_64 features restriction.
Assigning multiple networks to a virtual machine is nothing special but has the requirement that the host of VMware Workstation must provide the network interoperability with (physical) network adapters.

The higher edition for the topic of virtual desktops management is VMware Horizon, see VMware Horizon Documentation - Horizon 8, Horizon Cloud Service - next-gen, and Horizon Clients and VMware Horizon | VDI Software Solutions | VMware .

0 Kudos